Monday, February 27, 2012

Easy Bookmarks-Craft Tutorial


This is a wonderfully easy craft!  My daughter made a bunch and gave them to the ladies in her Bible study group.  Such a neat idea!

Here are the things you'll need.  (If you are a scrapbooker, you probably have these already!) Paper cutter (or scissors), a hole punch (round or otherwise!), paint sample strips, ribbon.



Now using your chosen punchie shape, punch out 3-4 shapes.
Put your first one at the top of the strip to thread the ribbon through.

I'm staying at my daughter's house while they are away, so am away from all of my craft supplies. I managed to find one of hers, and it just happens to be a butterfly which matches the butterflies on the paint strips!  Kinda cool!!

Now, cut about 7-8 inches of ribbon, fold it in 1/2 and poke it through the punchie hole at the top.
Thread the 2 ends through the loop and tighten it up.

You can glue some of the punched out shapes to the paint sample strip, or leave it as is.
There you have it!  Easy peasey!


4 comments:

  1. Hi Sue .... Thanks for stopping by the other day. I'm so glad you did or I never would have found YOUR Blog : ) I love it and can't wait to spend some time here. I'm working on updating mine more often so come back and visit.
    http://inspiredcreating.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I love this idea!
    I am showing this to my daughter... I know she's going to want to make some!

    I am passing an award on to you because I enjoy your blog so much!
    Please come on by, for more details.
    http://earning-my-cape.blogspot.com/2012/02/bunch-of-thanks-next-party-theme-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I Love your idea for book marks. I'd even use the idea of craft punches on paint samples to Glue or Decoupage the cut outs onto other thngs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sue! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog!
    I love how simple this DIY idea is! Paper sample strips are the best ;)
    I pinned this to my DIY ideas! X

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day. I love getting feedback from you. Please take the time to let me know what you think of this post, and also, if you are a blogger in need of some blog-love, leave your site address so I can go visit you too!